Join bestselling historical fiction author Juliette Fay for a special author lunch at Hattie's. Enjoy a buffet lunch while listening to Fay discuss her new novel "City of Flickering Light."
This event is now sold out!
Tickets are required for this event and space is limited. Tickets include a buffet lunch and a paperback copy of "City of Flickering Light."
Juliette Fay—“one of the best authors of women’s fiction” (Library Journal)—transports us back to the Golden Age of Hollywood and the raucous Roaring Twenties, as three friends struggle to earn their places among the stars of the silent screen—perfect for fans of La La Land and Rules of Civility.
It’s July 1921, “flickers” are all the rage, and Irene Van Beck has just declared her own independence by jumping off a moving train to escape her fate in a traveling burlesque show. When her friends, fellow dancer Millie Martin and comedian Henry Weiss, leap after her, the trio finds their way to the bright lights of Hollywood with hopes of making it big in the burgeoning silent film industry.
With her “trademark wit and grace” (Randy Susan Meyers, author of The Murderer’s Daughters), Juliette Fay crafts another radiant and fascinating historical novel as thrilling as the bygone era of Hollywood itself.
- $39.00: Lunch for 1 & 1 book: Admission for one to the event, with lunch for one & one paperback copy of "City of Flickering Light"
- $59.00: Lunch for 2 & 1 book: Admission for two to the event, with lunch for two & one paperback copy of "City of Flickering Light"
Tickets include a buffet lunch:
- Hattie's Famous Fried Chicken
- Mac & Cheese (Veg)
- Red Beans & Rice (Veg, GF)
- Spring Mix Salad (Veg, GF)
- Iced Tea, Soft Drinks, Coffee/Tea
Alcoholic beverages will be available for separate purchase.
Please note: you will receive your copy of The City of Flickering Light at the event.