$730 set-up fee + Per Book Printing Cost
The Premier Package Includes:
- Information Meeting (½ hour) — We go over submission guidelines and answer questions about the process. Additional time may be billed at a per hour rate of $40.
- Submission Review — We review the submission to make sure everything is in order.
- Printer Submission — Once approved by author, the title is submitted to the printer for production.
- Print Proof Copy — One proof copy is printed for the author's approval. This proof copy should be thoroughly reviewed by the author. Any additional proof copies will incur additional per book costs.
- Revisions — Any additional revisions after the proof copy is received will result in a $80 per file fee. If a new proof copy is requested, you will incur additional per book costs.
- Print — Once your book is approved, we will begin the printing process. The price of your book is based on a base price and a per page cost.
- Service — Unlike most other companies, we are available to help you through this process in person, on the phone or via email.
- In Store Placement — We will sell your book in the Northshire Bookstore for a minimum of three (3) months.
- Online Placement — We will sell your book on our secure website, www.northshire.com
- Royalties — We pay royalties on 100% of the income above the printing cost of the book (e.g. if the printing cost is $7/book and you set the retail cost at $10, you will receive $3 per book sold in royalties). These will be paid out twice a year at the discretion of the printer.
- ISBN — We will assign an International Standard Book Number (ISBN) to your title so that it can be widely distributed.
- Barcode — We will create a barcode for the back cover corresponding to the ISBN.
- Non-Exclusive Contract — You worked hard to write your book, and we don't want you to give away your rights. While many insist that you give up your rights, Shires Press lets you keep them 100%. You can stop printing your book with us at any time, for any reason. Just let us know in writing.
- Lightning Source (LS) Distribution — We will upload your title to LS Print On Demand Database allowing your book to be printed by their POD program. In addition to distributing books through the Ingram Book Company, LS titles will appear on Amazon and Barnes and Noble. The author is responsible for any proof copy fees charged by LS as well as the Annual Renewal Fee of $100 to keep your POD title active. Retail pricing for LS will be discussed with the author. Additional charges may apply.
- IndieBound.org Distribution — We will upload your title to IndieBound.org linking your book to thousands of indie bookstores across the county. IndieBound,org brings together booksellers, readers, indie retailers, local business alliances, and anyone else with a passionate belief that healthy local economies help communities thrive.
- Available Trim Sizes
Fee structure — (based on an even number page count)
- B/W Perfect bound book: pricing starts at $4.00 per book for a 24 page book. Additional pages can be as low as $.16 per page
- Color Perfect bound book: pricing starts at $6.00 per book depending on page count. Please call or email for a quote.
- Color Hardcover book: pricing starts at $8.00 per book depending on page count. (Dust jacket not included. Please add $5 per book for dust jacket). Please call or email for a quote.
*all books beyond the initial proof copy are charged at a per unit cost depending on page count. Prices are for quantities up to 100 books. Reduced pricing is available for quantities over 100. Please ask for details.
NOTE: None of our packages include design layout or file creation.
Personal Package $150 set-up fee + Per Book Printing Cost
The Personal Package Includes:
Northshire Package $330 set-up fee + Per Book Printing Cost
The Northshire Package Includes:
Ebook Package $400 set-up fee (additional fees may apply)
The Ebook Package Includes:
Shires Press Package $530 set-up fee + Per Book Printing Cost
The Shires Press Package Includes:
Available forms to download:
" Many people, other than the authors, contribute to the making of a book, from the first person who had the bright idea of alphabetic writing through the inventor of movable type to the lumberjacks who felled the trees that were pulped for its printing. It is not customary to acknowledge the trees themselves, though their commitment is total. " - Forsyth and Rada, Machine Learning